Skilled Litigator With Extensive Experience in Divorce and Family Law

Modifications To Court Orders

It is impossible to predict the changes that life may throw at you. Job opportunities come and go, families grow and our finances shift. It is frustrating to realize that your family court order no longer works for you. Fortunately, court orders are not set in stone. You can petition to modify the order with our help. Whitney D. Mauk, P.C., assists with the following types of court order modifications:

  • Divorce
  • Child custody and visitation
  • Child support
  • Alimony

While it is possible to petition the court without an attorney, it is not recommended. The court will scrutinize your reason to modify the order. Certain criteria must be met and a modification is not easily accepted. Your request can quickly be denied without the appropriate argument and evidence. We can help you through this process and advocate on your behalf during court hearings.

A Closer Look Into Child Custody Modifications

It can be difficult to win a child custody modification. The court will analyze your reason for modification and determine if it is in the best interest of your child. If the request is contested by the other parent, then litigation can quickly become expensive and lengthy. It is essential to seek help from an experienced family law attorney. Whitney D. Mauk has over 18 years of legal experience, and she is a skilled litigation lawyer. A child custody order may be modified for the following reasons:

  • The child is in danger
  • You are relocating
  • A parent is not cooperating with the parenting time agreement

Consider working out an arrangement with the other parent before a court hearing. It is beneficial to be prepared to work together. It will make the whole process easier. You may even consider mediation for an out-of-court solution.

Get Assistance For Modifying A Court Order

Contact our office in Atlanta, Georgia, today to schedule an appointment with a skilled family law attorney. Reach us by calling 470-237-5520, or fill out our online contact form.